Friday, April 15, 2011

This Week: Cupcakes, Books, and Lip Gloss

photo by me
April is going by way too fast, isn't it?!  But what a lovely week it's been! Starting with a lovely birthday party at a park, cocktails with friends from out of town, a meeting with my favorite clients, an office birthday celebration, some more Spring cleaning (this time I tackled my closet!) and an early Easter supper with the family since my mom will be out of town on Easter Sunday. How was your week? Any great weekend plans? Sunday is our one year wedding anniversary! This time last year I was scrambling with all the last minute details that come along with planning a wedding and just like that a whole year has passed! I am looking forward to celebrating our anniversary, we're having brunch at one of my favorite restaurants, will tell you all about it next week:) So this week...
1. I baked two batches of Strawberry Cupcakes! One batch for a co-worker's birthday and the other for our early Easter supper. Sooo yummy:)
2. I love Tina Fey so was thrilled that she was on NPR talking about her life and her new book! You can read the interview here.
3. For years now I have been OBSESSED with Rosebud Salve! If you ask anyone who knows me they will confirm that I cannot be without it, so my curiosity was piqued when Garance Dore was raving about Dior's Creme de Rose Lip Balm! Have any of you tried it? Is it worth the extra $20 for lip balm?
4. Am dying to get a copy of Chef Michael Schwartz's (of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink) new book, Michael's Genuine Food: Down-to-Earth Cooking for People who Love to Eat!
5. Am seriously considering purchasing a Luxe City Guide for my iPhone for my upcoming trip to New York City, mostly for good foodie spots. Have any of you ever used Luxe City Guides in your travels? Do you recommend them?
Hope your weekends are lovely and feel very looooong!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...