Friday, June 10, 2011

This Week: Visiting 1920's Paris

photo via Walrus Magazine

How was your week?!  It was a pretty exciting week, it went by so fast! I'm designing a Pent House in this building and spent the week preparing for our presentation. So after an exhausting couple of days, I was happy to spend a day of leisure with a friend who I recently reunited with that up until then I had not seen since Elementary School! We had a lovely lunch and went to watch Woody Allen's latest film, Midnight in Paris. It was soooo great! I walked out feeling as though I had visited Paris....in the 1920's!! Now I'm inspired to read Hemingway and Fitzgerald and maybe this book to learn all about the time they spent in Paris. I want to listen to Cole Porter and Josephine Baker and to be in Paris again, hearing accordions in the background as I walk down the street! I don't want to give too much away but you absolutely must go see it! So this week...
1. Our friends gave us a bunch of Indian River oranges so I put them to good use and baked this Orange Cake recipe with them! I used the cakes to build a trifle with berries and the cream cheese-whipped cream from this Martha Stewart  recipe (see step 2), it was sooo yummy:)
2. I fell in love with the Cesca, Elbow dining chairs and am torn between those and the Wishbone and the Era chairs as my current favorite! Which one do you like best?!
3. Design Miami Basel opens in Basel Switzerland next week!
4. Friends with You's Rainbow City opened in the lovely High Line Park in NYC!
5. Tigerlily Dream is sponsoring a giveaway on Lilly Pond(ering) blog!! Click here to enter to win this lovely necklace! Be sure to leave a comment to officially submit your entry to win!!

Have a relaxing, lovely weekend!! xo

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying to see this movie! I love woody Allen flicks, especially when they are set in Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Woody Allen too!! And this film is definitely one of his better ones!! You must go see it, you'll love it!! Maybe if you feel inspired we can read some Hemingway at the same time, have a little summer book club!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...