Sunday, July 31, 2011

This Week: Cleaning Up the Chaos

photo of the London Eye by me
I don't know how it happens but things accumulate and before I know it it's time for some heavy duty cleaning, organizing and purging! Does this happen to you guys too? I am a fairly organized person and find that between being busy leaves room for disorganization. I have not gotten around to a deep cleaning/organizing of our apartment as I am very busy crafting for my sister-in-laws baby shower but I did manage to finally clean my desk at work. Our office is complete chaos! We have piles and piles of magazines and samples everywhere! It was not an easy task but after almost 4hours my desk is clean and organized (never mind the rest of the office) and I couldn't be happier about it! Fellow designers, do you work in highly organized or disorganized offices? How do you manage your pending project samples, plans, magazines, catalogs, etc.? So this week...
1. 5 years ago today I had just gotten back to Strasbourg, France after about 5 days in London:(
2. I have been making paper pinwheels for my sister-in-law's baby shower. Check out this great, easy tutorial on how to make them!! 
3. The July/August issue of Rue Magazine is up! Flip through it here!
4. I was a huge fan of Barbie when I was a little girl, pretty obsessed really so I was so excited to read that Barbie's Dream House is being revamped! The American Institute of Architects (AIA) launched a competition for the design of Barbie's new digs, see the designs and vote for your favorite here!
5. So out of nowhere friendship bracelets are all the rage again!! I have my eye on a few favorites to buy since I'm usually too lazy to DIY but this DIY Friendship Bracelet from Honestly...WTF found via pinterest makes it look easy enough! Will you be making your own?!

Hope your Sunday is a fun day!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...