Saturday, July 2, 2011

This Week: Looking forward to a long lazy weekend!

photos by me

Yay for a long weekend!! Am so looking forward to lazy days with a little beach time, some reading, quality time with friends and family, some grilling, sweet cocktails, fireworks and naps! What are your plans for the holiday weekend?! To think that this time, five years ago I was preparing to leave to Europe for 3 months, excited about new adventures and getting away. If I could relive that summer over and over each year I totally would:( So this week...
1. We broke in the new BBQ and had a lovely dinner with our neighbors! They moved away this morning, it seems all our favorite neighbors are always transient. It's still cool to get to know people a little, even if just for a little while, isn't it?!
2. One of my best friends and her husband found out they are having a baby boy!! I am so excited for them and can't wait to meet their boy:)
3. I just got back from watching Beginners ! It was wonderful and funny and devastatingly sad all at once. I miss my dad so much right now:( Despite my sad spin on it, it's really wonderful, I definitely recommend it.
4. Am dying to subscribe to Birch Box. I learned about it on The Glitter Guide and think it's a marvelous idea! For just $10/month you get a goodie box filled with beauty samples every month! Doesn't that sound awesome?! Are any of you members?!
5. Inspired by the movie Midnight in Paris, I  have started rereading The Great Gatsby! I hope to read most of it at the beach this weekend (if the weather cooperates:). I want to watch the movie when I'm done (I've never watched it) and just learned today that there is a remake in the works starring  Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan, so glad I'm revisiting! Next on my summer reading list is  The Paris Wife !

Hope you have a wonderful long holiday weekend!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...