Monday, August 22, 2011

This Week: Pressing Buttons

photo by me

So we're working on making our own tufted headboard using this tutorial! Unfortunately, due to some small speed bumps we've encountered along the way (i.e. making buttons without a kit because the fabric is too thick) we will not finish tonight. And thanks to this tutorial we found a way to make it work! I'll post photos of our new headboard as soon as it's done! Once we complete this project it will be the only one on the list of things we wanted to get done around the house this summer. Fortunately for us, Summer isn't over yet! So this week...
1. My blog was nominated for CBS-local Miami Most Valuable Blogger! Please take a minute to vote for my blog here. Oh, and you can vote every day so if you can vote again!! Thanks:)
2. Speaking of voting, Daily Candy's 2011 Start Small, Go Big Contest is open for voting!  They narrowed it down to 3 finalists per category. I voted! One of my favorites was tifamade! I love her vision of girls delivering her sandwiches and cakes on pink bicycles all over the world! I'd love to see that too! You can vote here!!
3. I often fantasize about having a dish washer. I know it may seem silly but since our 1940's apartment does not have any room for a dishwasher it is something I will not have til we move (some day). So you can imagine how excited I was to see this product!! It's a sink that doubles as a dishwasher!! I don't think this will work either since my base cabinet and countertop are not that deep but still, we're getting closer to a dishwasher that might work and fit!! yay!!
4. Just when the cupcake craze seems to be fading here in the use it is just getting started in Paris! Aren't they beautiful?! Even cupcakes in Paris have that special je ne sais quois!!
5.  This looks like a cool event for designers!! Are any of you planning on attending?!

Have a great week!!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...